Cleopatra famously bathed with milk and honey. Here's a GG dairy free version to reap the same benefits! This bath combines the soothing and anti-inflammatory effects of oats with the hydrating power of honey to give you Cleo approved healthy glowing skin.
Why We Love Oat Milk?
Oats are packed with proteins, vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients shown to benefit the skin. They boast anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, moisturizing, antibacterial, and antioxidant effects. Furthermore, oatmeal and oat extract are a proven topical treatment for eczema, the itchy, scaly and patchy skin caused by allergies, irritants and stress.
With the dry winter air and our constant handwashing during the pandemic, oat milk is the GG pantry must-have to help maintain our skin barrier’s integrity, protecting the skin from environmental stressors, and reducing redness or scaliness in the skin. Yup, oat milk's skin benefits work topically in a bath soak as well as in our morning coffee!
Why We Love Honey?
Raw, unpasteurized honey is especially powerful in its skin supporting benefits due to the retained enzymes and live bacteria. This sweet elixir is a proven acne and eczema solution as it helps to balance the bacteria on the skin, speed skin cells’ healing process and reduce inflammation. Honey is also a natural humectant and exfoliator, binding moisture to your skin while removing the dead skin cells.
With these powerful skin benefits, it’s no wonder the classic duo of oats and honey has been used since the days of Cleopatra. Here's how to make your GG Skin Rejuv Oat Milk & Honey Bath Soak.
2 Cups Oat Milk
2 Cups Raw Honey
Frankincense or Neroli Essential Oil
Rose Quartz Crystals
1. Heat oat milk with raw honey over medium heat until the mixture is combined
2. Run a tub with warm water. Be mindful of the temperature here! Too hot water exacerbates swelling and will cause light-headedness.
3. Pour in the oat milk and honey mixture.
4. Add a few drops of Frankincense or Neroli Essential Oil to make this an ultra decadent soak. Drop in some rose quartz crystals to infuse the bath with loving energy!
5. Pour yourself of glass, enjoy and soak for 15 - 20 minutes.